The lightsaber pike was a thick, imposing lightsaber variant similar in design to the double-bladed lightsaber; in that it was a staff-shaped weapon that featured two rare and distinctive yellow plasma blades projecting from either end.
Lightsaber pikes were used by the Jedi Temple Guards, Knights of the Jedi Order who were sworn to protect the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. During the Clone Wars, they were used during Ahsoka Tano's Jedi trial to keep Anakin Skywalker restrained after the Council's decision. Later, they were used to isolate the duel between Anakin and Padawan Barriss Offee, and escort her to the Republic military base.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the planning stages of "The Wrong Jedi", the lightsaber pikes carried by the Jedi Temple Guards were originally to have green blades. However, they later became yellow, making them the first lightsabers to canonically have a yellow blade.
Sith lightsaber pikeEdit
A single-bladed lightsaber pike dubbed the "Sith lightsaber pike" was designed for use by Darth Bane in "Sacrifice," the thirteenth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' sixth and final season, though it didn't appear in the episode's final cut. This version of the weapon bore a greater resemblance to the lightsaber pike as depicted in the non-canon Legends continuity.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Kanan 8: First Blood, Part II: The Towers of the Temple
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 6: The Chosen One, Part VI (Appears as statue)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7: The Dying Light, Part I (Appears as statue)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness" (Vision)
- (First identified as lightsaber pike)
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force