- "Lim Paddu has quietly supported our Resistance since the beginning, first with funds, later by persuading other aristocrats to our cause. She has a gift for cutting through ideological bickering with practical advice. She told one noble, If you support the Emperor, fine, but you own land on a dozen worlds—what if he blows them up too? Will you rescue Lim from certain execution?"
- ―Pooja Naberrie
Lim Paddu was a female Gungan aristocrat during the time of the Galactic Civil War. Sometime following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, Pooja Naberrie tasked a spacer with locating Paddu and escorting her back to the city of Dee'ja Peak on Naboo.
Behind the scenesEdit
Lim Paddu was a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
Players who performed a series of quests for Pooja Naberrie had to locate Paddu and escort her safely back to Dee'ja Peak. However, due to a bug, many of the NPCs in Naberrie's quests were not properly sequenced. For instance, in the quest to escort Paddu, players actually encountered a group of narglatch, which were not intended to be a part of the quest (according to the quest dialogue). The character model for Lim Paddu likewise erroneously spawned for Naberrie's fourth quest, in which the player was supposed to encounter an individual named Turon Adala. According to a forum guide on the official Star Wars Galaxies discussion board, players could advance to the next quest by killing the main female narglatch. This article assumes that the content of Naberrie's quest dialogue is canon in the Star Wars Legends continuity, and that Paddu, not a group of narglatch, actually appeared during her fifth quest.
Furthermore, because Lim Paddu spawned under the generic "gungan_priest" template, she consistently appeared as a male Gungan. This contradicted Naberrie's quest dialogue, who consistently referred to Paddu as a female. It should be noted however, that Star Wars Galaxies lacked specific character models for female Gungans, and that the dimorphic male character models were used to represent Gungans of both genders in the game. For this reason, this article assumes that the Gungan depiction is canon in the Star Wars Legends continuity, but that Paddu remains a female. As another note, it is not clear if Paddu was originally intended to be a Gungan in the first place, as Naberrie's quest dialogue defined Paddu as a "noble," but made no mention of her Gungan heritage. Likewise, Paddu spoke a clear form of Galactic Basic Standard, unlike the highly accented form of the language spoken by many Gungans. The questline that involved Paddu was eventually removed from the game when Pooja Naberrie was relocated to Theed as part of the newly introduced Legacy Quest, released as part of Publish 25's New Game Enhancements on November 15, 2005.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on July 25, 2015.
- ↑ Rebel Quest Guide v1.01
- ↑ Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide