Commanded by a Major, a line battalion was comprised of three line companies and an assault company, with the attendant battalion headquarters and support personnel. A standard line battalion numbered 810 personnel, 608 of which were combat personnel. If the battalion included a fully staff assault company, the numbers rose to 828 personnel in total with 626 actual combat manpower. Line battalions were one of the most common Imperial Army formations, and were committed to more ground actions than any other battalion.
Line battalions could be augmented by the addition of two more line companies, and two assault companies.
Order of Battle organizational chartEdit
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- "The Cure"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (As "infantry battalion")
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide