Lirka was a Sephi female who lived in the last years of the Galactic Republic. Along with a colleague, she assisted the Sephi politician Navi in his senatorial duties during the Clone Wars, until he was arrested for crimes against the Republic in 22 BBY.
Biography[edit | edit source]
A female of the Sephi species, Lirka lived during the waning decades of the Galactic Republic. By the time of the Clone Wars, a pan–galactic conflict between the Republic and the Separatist Confederacy, she had gotten involved in politics. She served as an aide to Senator Navi, who represented their homeworld of Thustra and the whole Sumitra sector in the Republic Senate. She shared her duties with another Sephi woman, and the two dressed in an almost identical fashion.
In 22 BBY, Senator Navi was found guilty of crimes against the Republic and conspiracy to commit murder on Yoda, Grand Master of the Jedi Order. He was arrested by the Jedi Master Mace Windu in the middle of a Senate plenary session. Lirka and her counterpart were present in the Senate's Grand Convocation Chamber when that happened, and the two expressed shock and dismay over the incident, as two Senate Guards were taking their superior into custody.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Around 22 BBY, Lirka was still a youthful Sephi. She had pink, smooth skin and sported straight, dark-brown hair that reached below the knees in the back. When seating in the Senate, she wore a close-fitting red-and-gold tunic with bell-shaped sleeves and a pair of black, over-the-knee boots with high heels. She also used a red folding fan as a fashion accessory.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Lirka and her colleague only appeared in the 2004 comic Jedi: Yoda, the fifth and final issue in the Star Wars: Jedi series of comics, written by Jeremy Barlow and illustrated by HOON. The two Sephi aides featured in the comic were mostly identical, with one wearing black cuissardes and the other white ones. Even though the aides were only background characters and had no lines, HOON still produced a detailed rendering of the one wearing black boots as part of his conceptual "sephi character catalogue." Although unnamed in the comic, that character was identified as "Senator Aid Lirka" in the aforementioned piece of concept art.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Jedi: Yoda (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Jedi: Yoda
- In Jedi: Yoda, Navi was referred to as the senator of Thustra. However, The Essential Atlas states that the Galactic Senate was composed of sectorial senators rather than planetary ones. According to the Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion, Thustra was located within the Sumitra sector. Therefore, Navi must have represented that sector.
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- HOON (2004). MESS STUDIO art Gallery :: Jedi: Yoda-Unsheathed :: Pic1. MESS STUDIO art Gallery. Archived from the original on February 4, 2008. Retrieved on September 11, 2014.