- "All energy from the Living Force, from all things that have ever lived, feeds into the Cosmic Force, binding everything and communicating to us through the midi-chlorians. Because of this, I can speak to you now."
- ―The spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn communes with Yoda
The Living Force was the energy of all life, and the aspect of the Force fed into the Cosmic Force, which bound all things and communicated to living sapient beings through midi-chlorians, microscopic organisms found in the blood of living beings that formed a symbiotic relationship with their host; the foundation of life and what connects the Living and the Cosmic Force. Midi-chlorians cycled between the Wellspring of Life in the center of the galaxy and living beings; when a life form was born, midi-chlorians joined it, sustaining its life. When a life form died, midi-chlorians returned to the heart of the galaxy. Thus, all is renewed.
Sapients who let go of their lives in peace and purpose, such as Luke Skywalker and Yoda, had the ability to transform into Force spirits—the retainment of an individuals' will and consciousness after life. This phenomenon was made possible through the aforedescribed relationship between the Living Force and the Cosmic Force.
Qui-Gon Jinn was considered a student of the Living Force and stressed its importance to his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, telling him that being mindful of the Living Force required him to keep his concentration on the here and now, rather than letting anxieties about the future come at the expense of the present moment.
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Databank A-Z: Ewoks–Finn (FN-2187))
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Databank A-Z: First Order–Fyrnocks)