A lobotomy was a neurosurgical procedure in which the connections to and from the pre-frontal cortex were cut from the brain. A lobotomy usually resulted in a serious loss of cognitive function.
Behind the scenesEdit
During the production of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, it was decided that the talkative character of "Lando's aide" would be muted due to his cybernetic implants lobotomizing him. As a reference to this change, the character was named "Lobot," a corruption of the word "lobotomy."
- Mission from Mount Yoda (First mentioned)
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 227 ("Technobeast")
Notes and referencesEdit
- Lobotomy on Wikipedia