A locator, also known as a location beacon, was a personal device that functioned similar to a homing beacon, sending a signal that allowed the device to be tracked. A number of the Grand Army of the Republic's clone troopers, such as Clone Captain Rex and trooper Tup, carried locators as part of their battlefield equipment.
Some types of datapads came with a built-in locator device. There were also military-grade locators that were capable of broadcasting a signal through just about anything, short of a few metric tons of lead or an Imperial jamming field.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Darth Vader 4 (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles