- "I am General Lok Durd of the Separatist Alliance. […] You are now under the protection of the Separatist Alliance. I congratulate you on your good fortune."
- ―Lok Durd to Tee Watt Kaa
Lok Durd was a male Neimoidian arms developer who served as a general in the Separatist Droid Army during the Clone Wars. He was defeated by Republic forces and was taken into Republic custody. Durd, along with Nuvo Vindi, were part of Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic's original plans for a prisoner exchange with the Confederacy of Independent Systems to secure the release of Galen Erso, Lyra Erso, and the baby Jyn Erso from imprisonment on Vallt. However, Durd eventually managed to escape custody and went on to cause havoc beyond the Western Reaches.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We decided that going with this sort of really big, heavy, rolly guy with an even bigger hat than Nute Gunray's would just…would work, would sort of sell that this guy was extremely flamboyant and very bossy and even more gluttonous than your average Neimoidian."
- ―Series Designer Kilian Plunkett, on modeling Lok Durd
Lok Durd first appeared in "Defenders of Peace" from The Clone Wars television series. He was voiced by George Takei, and was intended as a recurring villain, though this never came to pass. Durd was never seen in any other episodes of The Clone Wars, canceled in 2013 as part of a "new direction" for Lucasfilm Ltd.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace" (First appearance)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Rise of the Separatists