- "We know you've been forming an army."
"Were you expecting us?"
"Underworld's a small community. I have no desire to oppose you. We come to join you."
- ―Lom Pyke and Maul
Lom Pyke was the leader of the Pyke Syndicate, which was infamous for dealing in Spice. About ten years before the Clone Wars, Supreme Chancellor Valorum send Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas to negotiate with the Pykes. Around that same time an individual named Tyranus contacted the Pykes and made a deal with them to have Sifo-Dyas killed. After the negotiations, the Pykes shot down Sifo-Dyas' ship, which crashed on a moon orbiting Oba Diah. The Pykes inspected the crash site and found Dyas' body, but were surprised to find Silman, the chancellor's personal aide, who was still alive. The Pykes were suspicious about Tyranus and handed the body of Sifo-Dyas to him, but kept Silman secret from him and imprisoned the Chancellor's aide as he could prove useful to bargain in case the Republic or the Jedi were to find out what happened.
Alliance with MaulEdit
- "Open the bank. We're here for a withdrawal."
- ―Lom Pyke during the attack on Sundari
During the Clone Wars Lom and the Pykes learned that the renegade Sith Lord Maul was forming an army. Lom and his men came to Zanbar to join Maul's collective, which already consisted of the Death Watch and a fraction of the Black Sun. After Maul had recruited enough criminals, the leaders of the army held a briefing to prepare an attack on Sundari, the capital of the planet Mandalore. They decided to have the Pykes, Black Sun and other criminals attack various points of the city, while Pre Vizsla and his Death Watch soldiers would put on a show and "capture" the criminals to gain the trust of the people.
Lom along with other criminals hid in cargo containers that were dropped at the docks of Sundari. When the custom police opened the containers Lom and the others quickly subdued them. He then led a small group of criminals and attacked the bank of Sundari. He "kindly" requested the guards to step aside and let them through. The guards received backup form more guards, only for Lom and his men to step aside and reveal that Savage Opress, Maul's apprentice was among them, who proceeded to defeat the guards, allowing them to rob the bank. Later Lom, along with the other criminals, was captured by Vizsla and his men. Bo-Katan presented Lom and the other leaders of the collective to the people of Mandalore as part of their act. Vizsla, however, betrayed Maul and had the entire collective save for his own Death Watch imprisoned. Maul escaped and killed Vizsla, whereafter Lom and the others were freed.
Mission to Oba DiahEdit
- "I can not remember the last time a Jedi came here. Many years it has been."
- ―Lom Pyke, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
Later Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker arrived to Oba Diah seeking the truth behind the death of Sifo-Dyas. Lom remarked that it had been a long time since a Jedi came to Oba Diah and offered the two a drink, bringing a toast to friendship with the Jedi. When Kenobi spoke about the disappearance of Sifo-Dyas and noticed Silman's necklace, which Lom had around his neck, Lom began to feel nervous and tried to have the Jedi leave in a subtle way. Anakin used the force and pulled the necklace from Lom's neck, demanding the truth. Lom, knowing he couldn't hide it anymore, told the Jedi the truth about Sifo-Dyas' death, Tyranus and Silman and brought them to the cell where Silman was held. He offered the Jedi Silman in return for a full pardon for his treachery against Sifo-Dyas and left Skywalker and Kenobi alone to speak with Silman.
Count Dooku, however, learned that the Jedi were looking for Sifo-Dyas and came to Oba Diah to tie up loose ends. He Force choked Silman and engaged the Jedi in a lightsaber duel. Lom and his men soon arrived at the scene and identified Dooku as Tyranus to the Jedi, remarking that he had no business left with the Pykes. Lom sided with the Jedi and ordered his men to kill Dooku. Skywalker and Kenobi tried a Force push against Dooku, but the latter jumped, causing it to knock Lom and his men over. Dooku used this opportunity to stab Lom Pyke with his lightsaber, killing him. Despite their efforts, Kenobi, Skywalker and the other Pykes couldn't prevent Dooku from escaping the planet.
- Darth Maul 2
- Darth Maul 3
- Darth Maul 4
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Lom Pyke)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "The Wrong Jedi" and "A Death on Utapau to 19 BBY. As the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Lost One" takes place between the two episodes according to , Lom Pyke's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"