Lonnaw was a Mid Rim planet located on the Entralla Route. It served as the first scheduled stop on the shakedown cruise of the Galactic Republic exploratory vessel Outbound Flight in 27 BBY. Thirty-nine years later, Lonnaw was temporarily captured from the New Republic by the Imperial Remnant.
Lonnaw was a planet located in the Lonnaw system, within the Droma sector of the Mid Rim and New Territories regions. The Entralla Route hyperlane linked the planet to the Orinda and Obredaan systems, with at least five more systems being located between Lonnaw and the world of Orinda.
In 27 BBY, the Outbound Flight, a Galactic Republic vessel on a mission to explore and colonize the Unknown Regions, launched from the Outer Rim Territories planet Yaga Minor. As the first scheduled stop in a three-week-long shakedown cruise, the Outbound Flight visited Lonnaw for a routine navigational check, leaving afterward for the Colonies' Argai Minor system.
Lonnaw fell within the borders of the New Republic by 12 ABY. It was seized by the Imperial Remnant that year, however, as part of a series of conquests of Republic systems. Lonnaw was the most Coreward of the Remnant's captured holdings from Orinda. The Imperial forces entrenched themselves at Lonnaw but eventually fell back to Orinda after a number of skirmishes against the forces of the New Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Outbound Flight (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Lonnaw system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Outbound Flight
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 261 ("Lonnaw")
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Outbound Flight, which depicts the launch of the Outbound Flight Project, to 27 BBY.
- ↑ Yaga system — Based on corresponding data for