- "Most of Lothal is just seemingly endless grasslands. The most excitement you'll find in these parts is a Loth-cat chasing down a Loth-rat for a quick snack."
- ―Ezra Bridger
Loth-cats were members of the tooka family and native to Lothal, often found in the grassy plains of the Outer Rim planet. They were small, temperamental creatures, and while at times friendly, were still able hunters with sharp teeth and claws. They feasted on Loth-rats.
- "You're resisting. He can sense it."
"He can sense it? What is he, like a Padawan cat? Oh!"
"You don't seem to be getting this."
"I get that this furball's trying to kill me. Give me your lightsaber and I'll make the connection."
- ―Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger, as Ezra tries to tame a Loth-cat
On another occasion, Kanan Jarrus attempted to teach his Padawan learner, Ezra Bridger, to feel the living Force through connection with a Loth-cat. Ezra failed the exercise, however, due to his distraction and irritation at the fact that it was Empire Day, and his own fifteenth birthday. The Loth-cat attacked him.
Some time later, while scouting out an Imperial Communications Tower, Bridger demonstrated mastery of the same trick in causing a Loth-cat to attack an Imperial probe droid as a distraction, allowing himself and his companions to escape.
Sometime later, two Loth-cats were surprised in the grasslands by an Imperial communication droid falling from the sky. The droid was not destroyed, and righted itself, finding itself in curious company.
Bridger first saw a rare white Loth-cat in a vision, and it led him to the conclusion that by following it, he would be able to find clues about his parents' fate. Later Bridger and Sabine Wren attempted to gather information about an TIE/D Defender Elite, only to have the TIE's guards attacked by a group of pair of loth-cats. A white cat also appeared with a loth-wolf.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- "Rebels, Animated"—Star Wars Insider 155
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (Seen in artwork)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Tyrants of Lothal (Card: Loth-cat)
- (Appears as art only)