- "These towers used to serve a purpose here. They were used to guide the few visitors who came to Lothal to the spaceports. That was before the Empire. Now the Empire controls most of the traffic in and out, and it has left these old towers empty."
- ―Ezra Bridger, on the LothalNet communications towers
LothalNet was a vast grid of communications towers located on the planet Lothal. It coordinated air travel between the planet's scattered settlements and guided visitors to spaceports until it was supplanted by a more advanced Imperial network by the year 5 BBY. When LothalNet comm tower E-272, located in grid Q6 of the Western Zone, fell into disuse after the area was seized by the Empire, the thief Ezra Bridger took up residence in the tower.
Behind the scenesEdit
LothalNet was first mentioned, albeit indirectly, in A New Hero, a young readers book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released on August 5, 2014. It was later identified in Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger, a young readers book written by Daniel Wallace as the in-universe journal of Ezra Bridger and released on October 21, 2014.
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger (First identified as LothalNet)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A New Hero
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Ezra's Gamble to the year 5 BBY. As Ezra Bridger had taken up residence in LothalNet comm tower E-272 by the events of Ezra's Gamble, it can be deduced that the Galactic Empire had replaced the LothalNet communications grid by 5 BBY.