- "I've made myself a little roost at the top of an old communications tower. These towers used to serve a purpose here. They were used to guide the few visitors who came to Lothal to the spaceports. That was before the Empire. Now the Empire controls most of the traffic in and out, and it has left these old towers empty. That's how Imperial progress works. Throw away the old. I won't let this one go to waste, though."
- ―Ezra Bridger
LothalNet comm tower E-272, also known as Fort Ezra,[source?] Ezra's tower or Ezra's Roost, was a disused LothalNet communication tower located in the plains outside Lothal's Capital City. About five years before the Battle of Yavin, the young orphan Ezra Bridger used it as a hideout. Bridger notably stored his collection of stolen Imperial helmets in the tower. He also kept a key to his old family home, which he later retrieved on Empire Day in 4 BBY.[source?]
Two years[source?] after it had been abandoned by Ezra, it was used by the rogue Imperial Security Bureau Agent Kallus to secretly contact the Rebels as Fulcrum. After learning that Grand Admiral Thrawn was aware of the planned rebel strike on Lothal, Kallus tried to use a transmitter to warn the Phoenix Cell. However, Thrawn jammed the signals and captured Kallus following a fight. Using the trajectories of Kallus' Fulcrum transmissions and General Jan Dodonna's Massassi Group, Thrawn was able to find the hidden rebel base in the Atollon system.
Some time later, when the Spectres returned to Lothal in 1 BBY,[source?] Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla and Chopper conducted a long-distance reconnaissance of Lothal City from the tower. They discovered preparations at the Imperial Armory Complex indicating that the Empire planned to mass-produce the newly-developed TIE/D Defender Elite. After Hera had been captured by the Empire, the tower's convenient view of the capital was used for recon in preparation for her rescue, with Sabine Wren's sighting of loth-bats proving particularly useful.
After the liberation of Lothal, the tower was eventually restored, and Wren lived there to watch over Lothal as a promise to her missing friend Ezra. Sometime after the Battle of Endor, Wren watched Ahsoka Tano's ship and her X-wing escort approach Lothal City from the tower's balcony, and later land at that balcony.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rise of the Rebels (First appearance)
- Ezra's Gamble
- Star Wars Rebels – "Property of Ezra Bridger"
- Ezra and the Pilot
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Ezra's Wookiee Rescue (Picture only)
- Droids in Distress book
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Star Wars Rebels: Battle Plans from Darth Vader
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy" (Vision to Ezra Bridger)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Flight of the Defender"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: Meet the Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- A New Hero
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger (First identified as LothalNet comm tower E-272)
- "Designing Star Wars Rebels"—Star Wars Insider 154
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Ezra's Roost)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Databank A-Z: Bric–C-3PO) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Databank A-Z: Cut Lawquane–Lothal) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Helmets: Ezra Bridger)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition