- "Lived on Lothal my whole life. Never been here."
- ―Ezra Bridger visits Tarkintown for the first time
Lothal re-settlement camp 43, commonly known as Tarkintown, was a small settlement built on the planet Lothal during the reign of the Galactic Empire. The town was inhabited by farmers who had been dispossessed by the Empire, and were left living in poverty. The crew of the starship Ghost visited the town and distributed food stolen from the Empire to the inhabitants.
- "Locals call it Tarkintown."
"Named for Grand Moff Tarkin, Governor of the Outer Rim."
- ―Garazeb Orrelios and Sabine Wren tell Ezra Bridger about the town
Tarkintown consisted of a loose collection of a few dozen buildings constructed on the plains of the planet Lothal. A number of moisture vaporators were dotted throughout the settlement and a central clear area acted as a town square.
- "Who wants free grub!"
- ―Garazeb Orrelios offers the residents of Tarkintown food
Tarkintown was home to impoverished farmers of many species whose homes, such as in Tangletown, had been taken by the Galactic Empire when it needed the land they were built on. Any who attempted to fight back were arrested for treason, and the rest left with nothing. The residents named their settlement after Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, the Imperial in control of the Outer Rim Territories and the man responsible for the dispossession of the farmers.
The crew of the VCX-100 light freighter Ghost took pity on the town's residents and three members of the crew, Sabine Wren, Garazeb Orrelios and Ezra Bridger brought them three crates of food that they had taken from Imperials in Capital City. The group opened the crates in the center of the settlement and called out to the residents to take the food, which the farmers did gratefully. To punish its inhabitants for receiving aid from the Spectres, Tarkintown was destroyed at the behest of Darth Vader and ISB Agent Kallus during the Siege of Lothal. The inhabitants were forcibly relocated to a detention camp.
Behind the scenes
Tarkintown first appeared in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, a television movie released in 2014 as the premiere of the Star Wars Rebels television series. The name "Tarkintown" was inspired by the term "Hooverville." During the Great Depression, shanty towns were created for those who had been affected by the Depression. Those towns took on the name "Hooverville" as a sardonic reference to United States President Herbert Hoover, whose policies were widely believed to have exacerbated the economic troubles of the Depression.
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First appearance)
- Ezra's Wookiee Rescue
- The Rebellion Begins
- The Secret Jedi: The Adventures of Kanan Jarrus: Rebel Leader
- Kanan 1 (Mentioned only)
- Kanan 6 (Mentioned only)
- Kanan 12 (Mentioned only)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger (Mentioned only)
- "Sabotaged Supplies"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 7
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158 (First identified as Lothal re-settlement camp 43)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 25 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Lothal)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Databank A-Z: Cut Lawquane–Lothal)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Highlights of the Saga: Leaving Lothal)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 53 (Databank A-Z: Tantive IV–Tatooine)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Databank A-Z: Vibroblades–Cikatro Vizago)