The Low Altitude Assault Transport, or LAAT, was a line of gunship used by the Grand Army of the Republic. Models in the line included the Low Altitude Assault Transport carrier designed to transport a single All Terrain Tactical Enforcer and the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry that served mainly as a gunship and troop transport. Space gunships were a variant of the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry designed to function in space. The Coruscant Guard and Imperial Military also used a variant called the LAAT/le patrol gunship.
When Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ships were not able to land on the ground, the Republic Army depended on LAAT gunships for materiel and soldiers.
The front of the gunship featured twin cockpits, where the pilot and gunner sat. Twin guns were mounted on the chin of the craft as well as two solid laser beam gunner bubbles an the sides and turrets in the wings
Notes and references
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Kanan 8
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Rise of the Separatists