The Low Altitude Assault Transport, or LAAT, was a line of gunship used by the Grand Army of the Republic. Models in the line included the Low Altitude Assault Transport carrier designed to transport a single All Terrain Tactical Enforcer and the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry that served mainly as a gunship and troop transport. Space gunships were a variant of the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry designed to function in space. The Coruscant Guard and Imperial Military also used a variant called the LAAT/le patrol gunship.
When Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ships were not able to land on the ground, the Republic Army depended on LAAT gunships for materiel and soldiers.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The front of the gunship featured twin cockpits, where the pilot and gunner sat. Twin guns were mounted on the chin of the craft.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Kanan 8
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Rise of the Separatists