- "I had no choice but to learn because this kid, Lu something—I don't even remember him, really—he shoved me in. I had to either learn to swim or sink to the bottom."
- ―Julen Rakab, about Lu
Lu was a male resident of the Outer Rim planet Batuu, who was a friend of the farmer Julen Rakab during his childhood. Around 22 ABY, when Rakab was about seven years old, Lu pushed the farmer into one of the water-filled cenotes of the Black Spire Ruins. Rakab recounted the incident to the smuggler Izal Garsea when the pair visited the same cenotes about twelve years later, and reflected that Lu's actions had forced him to learn how to swim, or he would have drowned.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A Crash of Fate (First mentioned, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate audiobook)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 A Crash of Fate
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The events of A Crash of Fate take place months after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. A Crash of Fate establishes that Rakab is nineteen years old during the events of the novel, and his encounter with Lu was at around seven years old, thereby dating it to around 22 ABY.