During their earliest years, they became famous mostly for adventure games, such as the Monkey Island series. LucasArts broke into the Star Wars realm in 1993 with Star Wars: X-Wing. After this success, the company continued producing games based on the Star Wars universe.
Their games spread throughout the past decade to encompass almost every game genre. These include role-playing games (RPG), such as the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchise; real-time strategy games (RTS), such as Star Wars: Empire at War and its expansion pack; first- and third-person shooters (FPS), such as the Jedi Knight series; and a continued run of flight simulators, such as both the X-Wing series and the Rogue Squadron series.
LucasArts kept interests in non–Star Wars titles as well. It released sequels to its critically acclaimed Monkey Island series and created other franchises.
Recently, LucasArts re-released an assortment of games as downloads on Steam, Valve's game distribution service. While six of the ten games in the first wave were related to Star Wars or Indiana Jones, classic adventure games such as The Dig and Loom were also included. More are expected to follow.
On April 3, 2013, LucasArts' parent company, The Walt Disney Company, announced that the studio as a development house was being shut down and much of the staff laid off. The company will be reorganized as a licensing model, in order to minimize the company's "financial risk" and, in theory, encompass a broader range of quality Star Wars games.
Star Wars games developed by LucasArts
Star Wars games licensed by LucasArts
- Chairman: George Lucas
- Co-President, Head of Business Operations: Kevin Parker
- Co-President, Head of Studio Production: Gio Corsi
- Eric Loomis, a voice actor who provided the voices of two unnamed characters in LucasArts' strategy game Star Wars: Rebellion
- John Geoghegan, former Vice President of Marketing
- Lynn Taylor, a former technician who worked on various LucasArts' games
- Scott Barrett, former production programmer
- "Looking At Lucasfilm"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 1
- "Looking At Lucasfilm"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 2
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition