"Lucky" is a story from Star Wars Tales 23 (later collected in Star Wars Tales Volume 6 and Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The New Republic Vol. 2) that reveals more of the past of Wedge Antilles. The main part of the story is set in 2 BBY while the framing story is several weeks after the Battle of Endor.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
The story centers on Wedge, showing how "lucky" he is, while he never gets what he really wants. The bulk of the story is a flashback, showing how Wedge first came to join the Rebellion.
In the present, Wedge states that the he doesn't feel as lucky as others say he is, citing the incident at Gus Talon and his inability to stop it as an example.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
The title page for Star Wars Tales 23 states that the events of "Lucky" take place "approximately seven years before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope," which would correspond to the year 7 BBY. This runs contrary to the story itself, which states that its flashback events on Gus Talon take place six years before the Battle of Endor, which would correspond to the year 2 BBY. Given that the Rebel Alliance is in existence during the flashback events of "Lucky," the 7 BBY date would also contradict the timeline for the Rebel Alliance's establishment in 2 BBY.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The framing story is set "a couple of weeks" after the Battle of Endor (in 4 ABY according to the The Essential Chronology) while the flashbacks take place "six years earlier".
- Star Wars Tales 23
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Lucky"—Star Wars Tales 23
- "Lucky" is set "a couple of weeks" after the Battle of Endor, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 4 ABY, while the story's flashback to the events on Gus Talon take place "six years earlier." The Essential Atlas further dates the Battle of Endor to 39:3, which is the first month of the 4 ABY year (as exampled here), thus firmly placing the events of "Lucky" in 4 ABY as well and its flashback in 2 BBY.
- The Essential Guide to Warfare