- "You brought your family here?"
"I did. Wanted to take them as far away from the fighting as I could. A place where the war will never find us. The farthest-flung nowhere rock I could find on a star map."
- ―Ergel and Corwin Ballast
Lynnta was a woman from the the world Mordal who resided in the city Maborn during the Galactic Civil War. Around 4 ABY, Lynnta and her family became trapped in a firefight between rebels and Imperial forces. She attempted to rescue her daughter, who had become immobilized, but was killed by blaster fire. Her husband, Corwin Ballast, mourned Lynnta and their daughter, keeping a picture of them in his boot after their passing.
Biography[edit | edit source]
A resident of the world Mordal, Lynnta settled in the city Maborn during the Galactic Civil War. While in Maborn around 4 ABY, she; her husband, Corwin Ballast; and their daughter were caught in a firefight between Imperial forces and rebels, and took cover behind crates. When her daughter was immobilized in the area of contention between the warring groups, Lynnta attempted to rescue her. Ballast followed his wife into the street, watched as she was hit by blaster fire, and then was struck himself.
Ballast survived the incident, despite receiving injuries, and woke several weeks after the skirmish to find that Lynnta and his daughter had died and been buried. Grieved, he kept a picture of his family in his boot to keep their memory with him. Ballast left Mordal to travel to the Outer Rim planet Jakku, a location he considered desolate enough for war to never reach. In the drinking establishment Ergel's Bar on Jakku, Ballast explained to the bartender Ergel that he had come to the bleak world for his family's sake, because it was far from the fighting.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Lynnta was a mother who cared deeply for her daughter and was willing to put her life at risk to rescue her from danger. She and her husband, Corwin, loved each other, and he grieved deeply when she died.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva—which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva, according to Aftermath—to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Aftermath also establishes that Lynnta died on Mordal several weeks prior to Akiva's rebellion, placing her passing around 4 ABY.
- Aftermath: Life Debt