- "Hmm…wesa need some thinking time to respond to disa news."
"Thinking? Nosa thinking! Mesa thinking Padmé would help us…has helped us. Big time! Wesa gotsta help her now!"
"Yousa right. Thinking time's a done. Wesa need to be leaving now."
- ―Lyonie and Jar Jar Binks, with the latter convincing him to dispatch the Gungan Grand Army to Mon Cala
Lyonie was a male Gungan who served as boss on the Gungan High Council during the Clone Wars. When the Galactic Republic needed aid against the Confederacy of Independent Systems on the planet Mon Cala, the Gungan Junior Representative Jar Jar Binks persuaded Lyonie to send Gungan warriors to aid the Republic in the battle.
Lyonie later fell under the control of the Separatist when one of his advisers Rish Loo gave him a hypnotic device disguised as a necklace. Loo, who supported the Separatists, then had Lyonie declare war on the Naboo people. This unusual behavior drew the attention of Senator Padmé Amidala and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, who watched Lyonie give a speech before destroying the necklace and freeing the Boss from Loo's control.
Lyonie then confronted Loo, who tried to take control the Boss again but then stabbed him during a scuffle after Skywalker entered the room. Loo escaped and declared that Lyonie was dead, taking control of a Gungan attack on the city Theed. While Lyonie recovered from his wounds, Binks disguised himself as the Boss and managed to prevent that attack.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Weapons & Uniforms: Terror of the IG-100s)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ; images #18-20 (of 29)