The M-68 landspeeder was a model of landspeeder manufactured by Mobquet Swoops and Speeders. The M-68 was very popular among Corellian speeder enthusiasts due to the ease with which its repulsorlift generator could be modified and overcharged.
Behind the scenesEdit
The M-68 landspeeder first appeared in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story. As shown in The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story, the Dodge Charger automobile brand and the Chevrolet Malibu mid-size car model were early influences for the landspeeder. The M-68 landspeeder used the same engine parts as Tayshin Maxa and Baroosh Pawk's Halberd-441 swoop bike, with a few modifications.
The vehicle was built by Lucasfilm's prop department. They used many "greebles" such as an aircraft's refulting hose. It was designed like a sports car, in comparison's to Moloch's speeder, which was designed after a truck.
The speeder chase in the beginning of the film was a mixture of practical efects—a four-wheel drive vehicle—and CGI. Additionally, Skywalker Sound wanted to use real-world sounds to differentiate the speeders; part of the sound was recorded using homemade pulse-jet engines.
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Solo Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Toydarian Toymaker (as toy)
- (First pictured)
- Best in the Galaxy Sweepstakes—Customize your Solo: A Star Wars Story-inspired Nissan
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- The Train Heist