M5-K7 was an R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton with orange and white paneling and a black sensor. During the First Order occupation of the planet Batuu in 34 ABY, M5-K7 spent time with the BB-series astromech droid B5-SL in a caged area of the Droid Depot in Batuu's Black Spire Outpost. While in the cage, one of M5-K7's front panels was opened so that a cable could be plugged into the droid while the depot's owner, Mubo, ran a diagnostic scan on the unit.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
M5-K7 appeared as an animatronic within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The droid is capable of lighting up, making beeping and booping noises, and turning its head.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R-series droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge depicts M5-K7 as an R-series droid, these characteristics must also apply to it.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As M5-K7 is depicted as an astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a second class droid.
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including M5-K7's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.