M9-G8 was an astromech droid belonging to Resistance X-wing pilot Yolo Ziff. He was stationed at the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar. He co-piloted with Ziff in his T-70 X-wing starfighter as part of Blue Squadron during the Battle of Starkiller Base.
Behind the scenes
M9-G8 first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, a film released in North America on December 18, 2015. He first received a designation in the sticker book Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- (Misidentified as R4-M9)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First identified as M9-G8)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Heroes of the Resistance Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 68 (Droid Directory: Droids of D'Qar Resistance Base)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Resistance Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Reissued in T-70 X-Wing Expansion Pack)
- (Picture only)