MA-13 was a ferry droid that operated a keelboat along a lava river on the planet Nevarro. The orange and white ferry droid had the appearance of an R-series astromech droid, though it had been modified to have legs and two sets of arms, which he used to row the boat down the river. When Din Djarin, Cara Dune, Greef Karga, and IG-11 were attempting to escape Moff Gideon's forces with Grogu, they boarded the droid's keelboat, and the droid began to take them downriver. However, Djarin noticed a number of stormtroopers waiting for them at the end of the tunnel, and Dune urged the droid to stop the boat. When the droid continued to row, Dune shot the droid's head off, but his destruction did not stop the boat from moving.
Behind the scenes
MA-13 first appeared as an unnamed droid in "Chapter 8: Redemption," the eighth episode of season one of the 2019 television series The Mandalorian, directed by Taika Waititi and released on Disney+ on December 27, 2019. Digital concept art for the droid was done by Ryan Church, based on a design by Matt Allsopp. Church described it as a "Stygian R2 unit." The droid was subsequently identified in the form of an action figure released by Disney in 2021 as part of a set with three other droids from The Mandalorian as part of the Star Wars: Droid Factory toy line.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian - The Art & Imagery Collector's Edition, Volume Two
- (First identified as MA-13)
- (Picture only)