- "Report to the Droid Repair Bay for performance chip replacement and diagnostics."
- ―MB-12's stored memory from the Raddus
MB-12 was a BB-series astromech droid that served the Resistance on board the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus at some point prior to the starship's destruction in 34 ABY. While on board the Raddus, the droid was ordered to report to the vessel's repair bay in order to have a performance chip replaced and diagnostics run. MB-12 recorded the order and an image of the repair bay on an Internal Data Recorder.
MB-12 later ended up in the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu during the world's occupation by the First Order in 34 ABY. The BB unit was displayed alongside fellow astromech droids JB-9 and J1-B2 in an alcove behind one of the counters in the depot. Like all BB-series astromech droids, MB-12 was manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood 0.67 meters tall. It had black and brown paneling and a black sensor.
Behind the scenes
MB-12 appeared as an animatronic within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The droid is capable of emitting beeps and whistles while two lights flash on its head. The droid simultaneously appeared in Star Wars: Datapad, an application launched alongside Galaxy's Edge. The image used in the application to represent MB-12's memory of the Raddus is an image from the 2017 video game Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "MB-12" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3) (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge) (First identified as MB-12)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition states that BB-series astromech droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stand 0.67 meters tall. Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As MB-12 is stated to be a BB-series astromech droid in Star Wars: Datapad, these characteristics must apply to it as well.
- Star Wars: Datapad – "MB-12" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which includes the destruction of the Raddus, to the same year as the Battle of Starkiller Base, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including MB-12's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay