The MC85 Star Cruiser was a heavy cruiser manufactured by Mon Calamari Shipyards and Corellian Engineering Corporation after the Galactic Civil War. It was used by the New Republic fleet and the Resistance navy. One ship, the Raddus, served as the flagship of the Resistance navy, and was crucial in the Evacuation of D'Qar. The bridge of the Raddus was destroyed, and resulted in the deaths of most of Resistance High Command, including Admiral Gial Ackbar, when it was attacked by First Order TIE fighters. It was subsequently destroyed during the Attack on the Resistance fleet when Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo purposefully entered hyperspace through the Supremacy, splintering the massive vessel in two, with the debris cutting through twenty escorting Resurgent-class Battlecruisers.
Despite its large size, the MC85 was a fast cruiser. Even thirteen years after commission, the Dawn of Tranquility, in service with the Resistance under the name Raddus, was still able to outrun the First Order’s modern battlecruisers and the massive Supremacy. Propelled by eleven sublight ion engines, these massive ships were as fuel hungry as they were fast.
Offensive and defensive systemsEdit
While undergunned for a typical heavy cruiser, featuring only a few dozen turbolasers, ion cannons, and point-defense turrets in total, the MC85 compensated for this with highly durable advanced deflector shields. These experimental shields that cocooned the ship were capable of repelling huge amounts of damage before failing, far more than most other ships.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First canonical appearance) (DLC)
- Poe Dameron 24: Legend Found, Part V
- "Rose Knows"—Star Wars Adventures 6
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run"
- BB-8 on the Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as MC85 Star Cruiser)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary