The MC85 Star Cruiser was a heavy Star Cruiser manufactured by Mon Calamari Shipyards and Corellian Engineering Corporation after the Galactic Civil War. It was used by the New Republic fleet and the Resistance navy.
One ship, the Raddus, served as the flagship of the Resistance navy, and was crucial in the evacuation of D'Qar. The bridge of the Raddus was destroyed in the following battle, and resulted in the deaths of most of the Resistance High Command, including Admiral Gial Ackbar, when it was attacked by First Order TIE fighters.
It was subsequently destroyed during the attack on the Resistance fleet when Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo purposefully entered hyperspace through the Supremacy, splintering the massive vessel in two, with the debris cutting through twenty escorting Resurgent-class Battlecruisers.
Despite its large size, the MC85 was a fast cruiser. Even nearly thirty years after commission, the Dawn of Tranquility, in service with the Resistance under the name Raddus, was still able to outrun the First Order's modern battlecruisers and the massive Supremacy. Propelled by eleven sublight ion engines of different sizes, these massive ships were as fuel hungry as they were fast.
Offensive and defensive systemsEdit
While undergunned for a typical ship of its size, featuring only a few dozen heavy turbolasers, heavy ion cannons, and point-defense laser cannon turrets in total as well as half a dozen proton torpedo launchers, the MC85 compensated for this with highly durable advanced deflector shields. These experimental shields that cocooned the ship were capable of repelling huge amounts of damage before failing, far more than most other ships.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Poe Dameron 24
- "Rose Knows"—Star Wars Adventures 6
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel audiobook
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay (First appearance)
- Allegiance 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Allegiance 4
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as MC85 Star Cruiser)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi