- "A Star Destroyer! General Nossor Ri bought us a window… but the First Order will be on us in seconds! We must hit the hyperdrive now…"
- ―Aftab Ackbar during the mission to Mon Cala
The MC95 Star Cruiser was a class of Mon Calamari Star Cruiser present in the the galaxy by the time following the Battle of Crait during the war between the First Order and the Resistance in 34 ABY. In 35 ABY, several were Star Cruisers were in service to the Mon Cala monarchy, and several formed part of the naval forces of the Resistance. Many MC95 Star Cruisers participated in the Battle of Exegol that saw the final destruction of the Sith and defeat of the First Order as part of the citizens' fleet.
The MC95 Star Cruiser was a Star Cruiser of Mon Calamari design and was equipped with a hyperdrive which gave it the capability of entering hyperspace at lightspeed, and was equipped with engines. The MC95 Star Cruiser had a bridge, as well as two hangars. Characteristic of other Mon Calamari ship designs, the MC95 Star Cruiser had a bulbous hull with differing modules and could be disabled when struck by powerful Force lightning.
During the Resistance's mission to Mon Cala after the Battle of Crait, the Mon Cala monarchy allied with the Resistance and dispatched Aftab Ackbar and his starship along with several other Nebulon-C escort frigates, MG-100 StarFortress SF-17s, and starfighters to escape with the Millennium Falcon just as the First Order arrived. Later, two such starships were part of an attack on the Finalizer and two other Resurgent-class Star Destroyers over Batuu as part of a strike fleet. Several MC95 Star Cruisers participated in the Battle of Exegol in 35 ABY between the Resistance and the Sith Eternal.
Behind the scenesEdit
The MC95 Star Cruiser first appeared in the Star Wars comic book Allegiance 4 in 2019, and was developed for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. It was first identified in an installment of Star Wars By the Numbers on StarWarsKids.com.
- Allegiance 4 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Rise of the Resistance
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- (First identified as MC95 Star Cruiser)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Allegiance 4
- ↑ A Final Alliance
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as taking place one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker must take place in 35 ABY.