- "We passed through this sanctuary for scoundrels a few times and, fortunately, never ended up on the bad side of ME-8D9— an ancient protocol droid who was supposedly an assassin before she became Maz's personal enforcer."
ME-8D9, also known as Emmie, was an ancient protocol droid who resided in Takodana Castle on Takodana for many years. Once known to be an assassin, the droid later served criminals as a translator. Although her origins were unknown, some believed she began her life with the Jedi Order. During the Galactic Civil War, she broke up a fight between the Imperial Security Bureau Agent Romwell Krass Junior and a New Republic pilot. Emmie was later present at the castle shortly before the First Order attacked Takodana following the Hosnian Cataclysm.
Emmie was an ancient protocol droid who was charged with enforcing law and order at Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana. She once served as an assassin before working as a translator for criminals. Some believed that Emmie had begun her operational life working with the Jedi Order. Emmie was reputed to be much older than Maz Kanata and some believed that the droid was part of the ancient castle population. Emmie was a free droid who had no masters but was happy to help Maz run the castle, which served as a pub and hotel for travelers.
In the year 5 ABY, Emmie broke up a fight between the Imperial Security Bureau agent Romwell Krass Junior and a New Republic pilot. Romwell had lost his family during a New Republic attack on the Hyborean Moon where he had worked at a black-site prison. Emmie separated the two belligerents and warned them that they had broken the Castle's law. When Romwell made a defiant remark, Emmie electrocuted him, knocking him unconscious. She then brought both to the lower levels of the castle where the two men were imprisoned in holding cells.
After Maz had dealt with Romwell and the New Republic pilot, Emmie accompanied Maz as she walked on the parapets overlooking Nymeve Lake. Emmie informed Maz that peace had returned to the Castle. Maz thanked the droid but added that peace had not returned to her heart. She sensed that something was off balance and causing the water in the lake to be turgid. She counseled Emmie that it was wise for them to be prepared. When Emmie inquired what was going on, Maz instructed him to prepare the Stranger's Fortune for flight because she wanted to have a look around the galaxy. Emmie complied with Maz's wishes.
In 34 ABY, ME-8D9 was still working at Maz Kanata's castle shortly before the Hosnian Cataclysm. She was delighted to see Han Solo when he arrived there, as she had not seen him for 25 years. Later, she and the other guests witnessed a dark energy beam from the First Order's superweapon Starkiller Base destroying the worlds of the Hosnian system. Shortly later, the castle was attacked by First Order forces searching for the droid BB-8, who was carrying a map which led to Luke Skywalker.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "'Emmie' also serves as a translator for the different alien races making shady deals on site. I have a feeling that some of words she's heard can't be repeated in any language."
ME-8D9 was a protocol droid with a female programming. She an exoskeleton like burnished bronzium and peaky spikes on her legs, arms, and skull. She spoke both Galactic Basic and a mechanical language. Emmie had two hands with five fingers. Each of these fingers was fitted with a thin golden filament which allowed her to electrocute troublesome patrons at Maz Kanata's castle.
Behind the scenesEdit
ME-8D9 was portrayed by Stephanie Silva in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. She was not given a listing in the cast, but was attributed for her work as a "creature & droid performer".
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Force Collector
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story (Picture only)
- The Force Awakens Golden Book (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- "Tales from Wild Space: Win/Lose"—Star Wars Adventures 24 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (as MD-8D9)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ Star Wars: Droidography
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire 4, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Stephanie Silva, Actor, London - Mandy. Mandy. Archived from the original on April 1, 2019. Retrieved on April 1, 2019.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens credits