- "--That little MLC started rollin' and firin', takin' out equipment and personnel at random--"
- ―Wedge Antilles
The MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon tank was designed for perimeter defense, allowing security teams to patrol a facility's surrounding terrain. It was armed with a pair of medium repeating blaster cannons and moved on heavy treads, with a compact chassis and removable transparent dome.
According a tall tale told by rebel pilot Wedge Antilles, MLC-3s were used by scavenger Arns Grimraker and his associates while raiding the remains of the Battle of Hoth. One such unit was rigged by Antilles to fire upon the scavengers and their equipment, providing the distraction necessary for the pilot to escape the planet aboard the GR-75 medium transport Death Merchant.
Behind the scenes
The StarWars.com article "Offscreen, but Not Forgotten: Mini-Rigs, Body-Rigs, and Other Kenner Vehicles" incorrectly states that an MLC-3 was used by Wes Janson in Hoth Stuff!, when it was in fact used by Wedge Antilles.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars (1977) 78 (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
- (First mentioned)
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Just Trying to (Action) Figure It All Out" – Star Wars Insider 30
- "Galactic Bazaar: Collectors' Comlink" – Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Mexican Stand Off" – Star Wars Galaxy Collector 8
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "MLC-3")