MR-T3 was an R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that was in service to the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. In 19 BBY, MR-T3 was present at the Republic Center for Military Operations on the galactic capital planet of Coruscant, alongside the protocol droid R-A7. As the two droids strolled down one of the base's hallways, Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano—who was attempting to escape the facility after having been framed for the murder of a prisoner there—ran down the hall toward the pair. Tano leapt over MR-T3, sending the astromech spinning and letting out a series of binary beeps, while R-A7 angrily shook its fist at the Jedi. MR-T3 had black and white plating, as well as a black sensor built into its conical frustum dome.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
MR-T3 appeared in "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much," the eighteenth episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fifth season, which aired on February 16, 2013. While not named in the episode itself, MR-T3 was identified in a piece of concept art by JP Balmet released as part of the accompanying Episode Guide on StarWars.com, in which it was also stated that MR-T3 was a retexture of the astromech droid M5-BZ, who had appeared earlier in the season.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as MR-T3)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R-series droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. As "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" depicts MR-T3 as an R-series droid, these characteristics must also apply to it.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- (Slide 10)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "The Lawless" and "The Wrong Jedi" to 19 BBY. As the episode "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is set between those two episodes according to , its events, including MR-T3's appearance, must have also taken place in 19 BBY.
- (Slide 3)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"