- "War. I'm tired of war."
- ―Corwin Ballast, after the battle of Mordal
Maborn was a city on the world Mordal that came under contention between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance during the Imperial Era. Around 4 ABY, during a firefight in Maborn, the warring sides entrenched themselves on opposite sides of the city. The daughter of Corwin Ballast and his wife Lynnta became immobilized in a street between the combatants, prompting her parents to make a rescue attempt. However, before they could reach her, Ballast and his wife were injured by blaster fire from both Imperial and rebel forces.
The incident in Maborn ended without a decisive victor, with both sides ceasing their hostilities at some point. Ballast recovered from his injuries, and upon learning Lynnta and his daughter had died, decided to depart Maborn to travel to the Outer Rim planet Jakku, a place he felt war would not come to.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Aftermath
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva, which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva, according to Aftermath, to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Aftermath also establishes that the battle on Mordal took place several weeks prior to Akiva's rebellion, placing it in around 4 ABY.
- ↑ Aftermath: Life Debt