Macrobinoculars were a type of electronic binoculars that allowed a user to view distant objects from afar.
An electronic optical device, macrobinoculars allowed users to observe from afar, and provided additional information on the distance and altitude of the object under observation. Its heads-up display identified limited data including range and zoom. Some models were fitted with optics equipped with a recording system, allowing users to select pictures to be saved, though macrobinoculars lacked the processors built into electrobinoculars to rework and improve the picture. The MB450 macrobinoculars could also be used at night. Unlike other magnifying devices like monoculars and telescopes, macrobinoulars produced three-dimensional images.
Luke Skywalker owned a pair of macrobinoculars on Tatooine, and used them to scan the perimeter of the Lars homestead for dangers. Biggs Darklighter used Luke's macrobinoculars to peer into the skies over Tatooine after his friend reported sighting a battle overhead. Darklighter was skeptical, and only saw two starships sitting there.
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Helmets: Boba Fett–Notorious Bounty Hunter)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Helmets: Imperial Gunner; Weapons & Uniforms: The Geonosians)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Helmets: AT-ST Pilot)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Grand Army of the Republic)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 8 (Building the Galaxy: The Weapon of a Jedi; Droid Directory: Imperial Mark IV Sentry Droid)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Databank A-Z: Luggabeast–Malakili)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 38 (Weapons & Uniforms: Toydarians)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Helmets: Zam Wesell)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Gadgets and Gear
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)