Macus Kayniph was a Near-Human member of Black Sun. At the time of Palpatine's final death in 11 ABY, he was one of the higher-ranking members of the organization, and in charge of their operations on Smarck. He was the first in Black Sun to notice, and try to act on, the bounty posted on Kir Kanos.
In 7 ABY, he first entered into a partnership with Grappa the Hutt. He acquired expensive Spaarti cloning cylinders and kidnapped Feena D'Asta, giving both to Grappa in return for gree spice shipments (of which Grappa only supplied the first). Grappa later killed Kayniph when he objected to Grappa murdering a Zanibar.
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 2 (First appearance)
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 3
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 4 (Corpse)
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 5 (Corpse)
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 6 (Mentioned only)
- Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion (Under Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia