- "For Vader!"
"For the Empire!"
- ―Magma troopers during a battle on Mustafar
History[edit | edit source]
- "Lava fleas! Form up and turn these bugs back!"
- ―Magma troopers defend Fortress Vader from lava fleas
Magma troopers were stationed on the planet Mustafar to garrison the construction site of Fortress Vader, the personal fortress of Darth Vader. The fortress was designed as a tuning fork for the Force but was wrecked when being tested. After the fifth design failed, a magma trooper sergeant was used as the body of the ancient Sith Lord Darth Momin. That body was killed after the next one failed. Shortly after the ninth, and final, design was completed, an army of Mustafarians charged on the structure, forcing the magma troopers to rally and defend it from the uprising. Vader led the defensive until the Mustafarian chiefs sent a wave of lava into his army, wiping the battlefield clean.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
They wore a variant of the stormtrooper armor designed to withstand extremely high temperatures, incorporating extra armor on the legs, black rank pauldrons similar to those worn by sandtroopers and a respirator connected to a backpack via a tube to protect them from volcanic ash and gasses. Weapons used by magma troopers included the E-11 blaster rifle, T-21 light repeating blaster, and DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle. Colored pauldrons were used by officers rather than the standard black.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24
- Star Wars Battlefront (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 16
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Bust Collection 2 (Star Wars Universe: Stormtroopers) (Indirect mention only)