Magnetic harpoons, also known as tow cables, were devices attached to the Rebel Alliance's snowspeeders used for hauling freight. During the Battle of Hoth, they were used to trip up Imperial AT-ATs.
Behind the scenesEdit
Magnetic harpoons made their first appearance in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back as tow cables.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- "TK-462"—Star Wars Insider 166 (Mentioned only)
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (First identified as Magnetic harpoon)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars 41
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance) (First identified as tow cable)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. Imperial Walkers - Commander on Hoth"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Datapad