Magnetic harpoons, also known as tow cables, were devices attached to the Rebel Alliance's snowspeeders used for hauling freight. During the Battle of Hoth, they were used to trip up Imperial AT-ATs.
Behind the scenes
Magnetic harpoons made their first appearance in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back as tow cables.
- The High Republic: Mission to Disaster
- The High Republic: The Fallen Star
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- "TK-462" – Star Wars Insider 166 (Mentioned only)
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (First identified as Magnetic harpoon)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars (2015) 41
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Battle of Hoth"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. Imperial Walkers - Commander on Hoth"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Datapad
- LEGO STAR WARS: Celebrate the Season – "Reindeer Walker"
- LEGO STAR WARS: Celebrate the Season – "New Year's Hothin' Eve"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Highlights of the Saga: Ground Assault on Hoth)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 28 (Databank A-Z: Queen Jamillia–Jedi Temples)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 65 (Databank A-Z: VCX-100 Light Freighter–Veers)