- "Will you forget it? I already tried it. It's magnetically sealed!"
- ―Luke Skywalker, to Han Solo
A magnetic seal was a form of magnetic technology that could repel blaster bolts and be applied to an entire room. The doors and walls of the garbage compactors located aboard the Death Star were magnetically sealed, as Corellian smuggler Han Solo discovered when he tried to fire at the hatch of one of the mashers and his blaster bolt ricocheted wildly around the metal room, nearly hitting him and his companions.
- The High Republic: Into the Dark (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: Into the Dark audiobook (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: The Fallen Star
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels – "Crawler Commandeers"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy audiobook
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Alphabet Squadron
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline audiobook (Mentioned only)
- "True Love"