Maldo Kreis was a terrestrial ice planet. The Mandalorian bounty hunter Djarin crash landed on Maldo Kreis after being pursued by two New Republic pilots. While repairing his ship, he was attacked by knobby white ice spiders, but was rescued by the New Republic pilots, who left the Mandalorian with his damaged ship. Djarin thus departed the planet for his intended destination.
Maldo Kreis was a terrestrial ice-covered planet of large canyons with caves below, home to knobby white ice spider nests and hot water baths. Maldo Kreis had a breathable atmosphere and a frigid climate. When viewed from space, Maldo Kreis had a light blue surface.
In 9 ABY, while transporting "Frog Lady" and her unfertilized spawn to the estuary moon of Trask, the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin fled from a pair of New Republic T-65B X-wing starfighters and crash landed on Maldo Kreis. While making repairs to the Razor Crest, the group was attacked by a swarm of ice spiders, which invaded the ship and forced Djarin, "Frog Lady," and Grogu to seal themselves into the cockpit. Eventually, the group would be saved by the two New Republic pilots, Carson Teva and Trapper Wolf. The two pilots helped Djarin repel the spiders and decided to let him go, leaving Djarin to continue his journey to Trask in his damaged ship.
Maldo Kreis hosted icy caverns.
Behind the scenes
Maldo Kreis first appeared in "Chapter 10: The Passenger," the second episode of the second season of Jon Favreau's Disney+ live-action series The Mandalorian. The episode aired on November 6, 2020. Prior to the episode's release, footage of the planet was shown in a trailer on September 15 of that year.
A planet later identified as Pagodon was misidentified as Maldo Kreis in an interview conducted by the American Cinematographer magazine with showrunner Jon Favreau and series cinematographers Baz Idoine and Greig Fraser.
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 Junior Novel
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 10: The Passenger" (First appearance)
Notes and references
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 10: The Passenger"
- "A Certain Point of View" – Star Wars Insider 202 dates the skirmish on Nevarro and the second rescue of Grogu—which are depicted in the The Mandalorian episodes "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" and "Chapter 16: The Rescue," respectively—to "9 ASW4," or nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 9 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The events of Chapters 7–16 must therefore take place in 9 ABY.
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season Two Companion" – Star Wars Insider 202
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Handbook
- Holben, Jay: The Mandalorian: This Is the Way (February 6, 2020) American Cinematographer published by American Society of Cinematographers (archived from the original on February 7, 2020)