- "All praise to the warlord!"
- ―A soldier of the Malkhanis
Malkhan was a male warlord and leader of the Malkhanis, a clan on the Outer Rim planet Crucival, during the Imperial Era. Giving his own reason why he should control Crucival, Malkhan and his clan led an insurrection on the planet. He was also able to obtain his own trove of offworld technology.
In 6 BBY, forty-seven days into the Malkhani Insurrections, another group took over a quarry controlled by the Malkhanis and threatened to invade more of their territory. A number of soldiers of the Malkhanis, including the human Donin, fought them at a hill and praised Malkhan as they began the fight. By 4 BBY, however, Malkhan died and his lieutenants each staked a claim on the warlord's cache of offworld weapons, causing a civil war that ended the Malkhanis.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company mentioning Malkhan while he is alive is set thirteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Malkhan must have therefore died after 6 BBY. The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company mentioning Malkhan's death is set fifteen years after the Clone Wars. Malkhan must have therefore died by 4 BBY.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Crucival is located within the Tion Hegemony, a sector that Ultimate Star Wars places in the Outer Rim Territories.
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company featuring the Malkhani Insurrections is set thirteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The Malkhani Insurrections must have therefore occurred in 6 BBY.