The Manarai, also called Menarai, was an upscale restaurant located in Monument Plaza in the Manarai Mountains on Coruscant. The restaurant was actually built into the wall of the mountains' highest peak, Umate. The Master Chef of this restaurant was Tavvar Va'ran, recognized as the second best Kubaz chef in the galaxy.
It was co-owned by Prince Xizor, and was reserved specifically for the wealthiest and most powerful residents of the planet. In addition to this requirement, in order to actually attend the restaurant, one had to make reservations months in advance. However, being the co-owner, and the third most powerful being in the galaxy, Xizor was allowed in any time he wished and had a specific table reserved. Anyone eating at, or who had reservations at that table on the times that he visited were forced to automatically give up the table.
- Fleek eel broiled in zaffa oil
- Stuffed yams
- Plicto steak
- Giant Ithorian snail in flounut butter
- Kashyyyk land shrimp
- Wroonian flycatcher filet
- Sufar greens topped with mecolar briddlings and drezzle sauce
- Darth Plagueis
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia