Manari was a planet in the Manari system of the Brevost sector in the Expansion Region. During the time of the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Manari was ruled by tradition-bound leaders who had a very delicate political etiquette. In 19.5 BBY, during the Clone Wars between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Republic forces fought in the Battle of Manari against an anti-Republic force. Jedi General Roan Shryne lost his second Padawan during the battle and as a result, the Jedi Master became disillusioned about the war and lost hope in the Jedi Council. After the end of the war, Manari was part of the Republic's successor regime, the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Manari was first mentioned in the November 2005 novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. In 2011, Manari received another mention in the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic. The planet was mentioned in the Diplomacy crew skill mission "Knife's Edge Politics".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Shryne, Roan")
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 112
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Diplomacy Crew Skill Mission: "Knife's Edge Politics"
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader states that the Battle of Manari took place two and a half years after the start of the Clone Wars, which according to the The New Essential Chronology began in 22 BBY.
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader