He and his followers were originally Taungs from Coruscant who had settled on Roon, and both the species and the planet that they conquered would be renamed after Mandalore himself. According to legend, he formed the Mandalorian Crusaders on Mandalore around some time after 24,000 BBY and before 7000 BBY, though Mandalore the Conqueror was actually the Crusaders' first leader. He was also the first person to use the title Mand'alor.
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80 (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Supernatural Encounters: The Trial and Transformation of Arhul Hextrophon (Mentioned only)