- "The songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore the Great, and an order of sorcerers called Jedi that fought with such powers."
- ―The Armorer
Mandalore the Great was a Mandalorian individual who held the title of Mandalore, leading a series of conflicts against the Jedi Order. By the time of the New Republic, the Jedi had become a myth, though the battles between Mandalore the Great and the Jedi were known to some Mandalorians through ancient songs. Around 9 ABY, a Mandalorian armorer relayed the tales of Mandalore the Great to Din Djarin upon discovering that the child accompanying him was a Force-sensitive individual.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Mandalore the Great was first mentioned in Chapter 8 of the 2019 television series The Mandalorian, which aired on December 27, 2019. Mandalore the Great's title is similar to that of Mandalore the Ultimate, who led the Mandalorian Wars in the Star Wars Legends continuity.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- According to a timeline shown at D23 Expo 2019, The Mandalorian is set five years after Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Return of the Jedi to 4 ABY, meaning that The Mandalorian is set in 9 ABY.
- The Mandalorian Media Kit. Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on February 3, 2020. Retrieved on February 3, 2020.
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80