- "Once upon a time, these plains were covered with grass, but I never saw it. This destruction happened before I was born."
- ―Sabine Wren
In the final war of the larger, ancient Mandalorian conflict, a battle between the Jedi and the Mandalorian warlords caused a cataclysm that scorched much of the planet Mandalore's surface into lifeless white desert, uninhabitable outside of hermetically sealed dome cities.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Did they fight against the Jedi? Yes, they absolutely did. Is there a big battle where there's a cataclysm between them and the Jedi? Yes. Have we pushed that idea that the cataclysm was so great that the surface of Mandalore was laid to waste? Absolutely, we did."
- ―Dave Filoni
The concept of a cataclysm devastating Mandalore was created as part of the backstory of the Mandalorian people as depicted in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. Within Star Wars Legends, this event was identified as the Mandalorian Excision, though this information is no longer considered canon.
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas