- "Maul must really want you dead."
"You have no idea."
- ―Bo-Katan Kryze and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Mandalorian civil war erupted in the capital city of Sundari after the Shadow Collective deposed Duchess Satine Kryze and her New Mandalorian government. Maul challenged Pre Vizsla, the leader of Death Watch, to a leadership battle to determine which of them would rule Mandalore. Maul defeated and killed Vizsla in single combat, however not all of the Death Watch forces agreed to acquiesce to the sudden shift of leadership. Bo-Katan Kryze, the Duchess' sister and a Vizsla loyalist, gathered her forces and rebelled against Maul's rule, leading to the fighting. Obi-Wan Kenobi also participated in the battle, as did Darth Sidious, who fought Maul and Maul's brother, Savage Opress. In the ensuing fight, Savage was killed by Darth Sidious, while Maul was captured by the Sith Lord and imprisoned in the Spire on Stygeon Prime.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 1 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" (Indirect mention only)
- (Slide 20) (First identified as Mandalorian civil war)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 1