- "Maul must really want you dead."
"You have no idea."
- ―Bo-Katan Kryze and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Mandalorian civil war erupted in the capital city of Sundari after the Shadow Collective deposed Duchess Satine Kryze and her New Mandalorian government. Maul challenged Pre Vizsla, the leader of Death Watch, to a leadership battle to determine which of them would rule Mandalore. Maul defeated and killed Vizsla in single combat, however not all of the Death Watch forces agreed to acquiesce to the sudden shift of leadership. Bo-Katan Kryze, the Duchess' sister and a Vizsla loyalist, made her forces into the Mandalore resistance and rebelled against Maul's rule, leading to the fighting. Obi-Wan Kenobi also participated in the battle, as did Darth Sidious, who fought Maul and Maul's brother, Savage Opress. In the ensuing fight, Savage was killed by Darth Sidious, while Maul was captured by the Sith Lord and imprisoned in the Spire on Stygeon Prime.
Maul was liberated by his Mandalorian super commandos, but, a short time later, his mother, the powerful Nightsister Talzin, was killed during the second battle of Dathomir. Maul returned to Mandalore, but the planet was besieged by the Galactic Republic and Mandalore resistance. Maul was captured, and the planet fell under Kryze's control. However, she would ultimately lose her power when she refused to obey the Galactic Empire.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice"
- Ahsoka (Appears in flashback(s))
- (Slide 20) (First identified as Mandalorian civil war)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the Battle of Coruscant takes place in 19 BBY. Since the Siege of Mandalore takes place concurrently to the Battle of Coruscant as established by the novel Ahsoka, it must also take place in 19 BBY.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice"
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4