The Mandalorian crusaders were a group of sword-wielding Mandalorian warriors who once fought against the Jedi. Although they rejected the violent ways of their ancestors, the pacifist New Mandalorians placed a cubist mural depicting the crusaders doing battle with Jedi below the throne room balcony on the outside of the royal palace that overlooked the main square in their capital city of Sundari on the planet Mandalore. A similar mural of a single crusader slaying a Jedi and being fired upon by an individual wielding a blaster pistol was located in the dining hall of the governmental complex on Mandalore's moon of Concordia.
Behind the scenesEdit
A mural depicting the Mandalorian crusaders first appeared in "The Mandalore Plot," the twelfth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' second season. A similar mural was later seen in "Shades of Reason," the fifteenth episode of The Clone Wars' fifth season. The crusaders were only identified in the "Shades of Reason" episode guide published on StarWars.com following the episode's airing.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man" (Picture only)
- (First identified as Mandalorian crusaders)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- Mandalorian art. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (January 28, 2013, 6:33 pm). "The Mandalorians are quite an artistic culture."