- "I accept this sword for my sister, for my clan, and for all of Mandalore."
- ―Bo-Katan Kryze accepts the Darksaber and unites several Mandalorian clans
The Mandalorian resistance was a Mandalorian resistance group formed by Lady Bo-Katan Kryze, leader of Clan Kryze and the former regent of the planet Mandalore, following the death of Imperial Governor Tiber Saxon.
Following the conclusion of the Clone Wars and the transformation of the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire, Lady Bo-Katan Kryze acted as regent of Mandalore. Appointed by the Jedi, she refused to comply with the Imperial occupation of Mandalore, causing another wave of violence and was betrayed by Clan Saxon. Clan Saxon allied itself to the Galactic Empire, and Gar Saxon was placed as Viceroy and Governor of the planet.
Civil war eruptsEdit
Roughly two decades later during the Age of the Empire, a skirmish on Krownest between Imperial Super Commandos led by Saxon and members of Clan Wren left the viceroy dead and his forces defeated. As a result, a civil war erupted between the Mandalorians. By 1 BBY, Clan Kryze and the Nite Owls had joined Clan Wren, the Mandalorian Protectors represented by Fenn Rau, and members of the Rebel Alliance in combatting Clan Saxon and the Empire. Following Governor Tiber Saxon's use of the AT-DP Arc Cannon Prototype against Mandalorians and his subsequent death, Clan Eldar, Clan Vizsla, Clan Rook, and others pledged allegiance to Kryze after she was given the darksaber and took up the title of Mand'alor. As the leader of the Mandalorians, Kryze led the newly formed Mandalorian resistance in an effort to liberate Mandalore from the Galactic Empire.
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- (First identified as Mandalorian resistance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The trivia guide for Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore states that Bo-Katan Kryze was redesigned to advance the character's age by "18 years or so". As she was last seen was in "The Lawless," which was dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, it can be assumed that the events of Heroes of Mandalore take place in approximately 1 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"