- "Mandalorian vambraces? Where did you get these?"
"Try them on. Grappling line, paralyzing darts, repulsor. All designed to combat the abilities of the Jedi."
- ―Sabine Wren and Fenn Rau
Mandalorian vambraces were devices designed to combat the abilities of a Jedi. The Mandalorian Fenn Rau gave a pair of Mandalorian vambraces to Sabine Wren in 2 BBY.[source?] They came equipped with a repulsor, grappling line, paralyzing darts, a shield emitter, paired blaster barrels, and a flamethrower. The Mandalorians developed these vambraces alongside their armor as a reaction to the Jedi's Force abilities encountered during the Mandalorian-Jedi War.
Following the Mandalorians' war with the Jedi, they developed vambraces to work in tandem with their armor to combat the Jedi's abilities. Bounty hunters, such as Jango Fett and later his son Boba used them in their line of work. Death Watch leader, Pre Vizsla and his followers such as Bo-Katan Kryze used vambraces during Death Watch's exile from Mandalore. Vizsla used vambraces when he fought Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, forces of the Hutt Clan, and Maul.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Mandalorians are prideful, brilliant warriors in their own right. They're also technologically savvy and advanced. This is how they've fought the Jedi. So again this kind of plays into the opening with Tarre Vizsla in the images of them fighting. So you're seeing here almost a small re-enactment of a Jedi-Mandalorian war and how a Mandalorian would get the upperhand, surprising Jedi with technology and then cutting them down, finishing them off. So they'd get this advantage."
- ―Dave Filoni
While the vambraces and their tools technically first appeared with Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back back in 1980, it wasn't until the Star Wars Rebels Season Three episode Trials of the Darksaber that the gear's name and purpose were described.
- Lucas Siegel. Star Wars Rebels Showrunner Explains Major Knight of the Old Republic Reference. ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on February 19, 2017. Retrieved on February 18, 2017.
- Star Wars: Destiny – Way of the Force (Card: )
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- ↑ (slide 4)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Lucas Siegel. Star Wars Rebels Showrunner Explains Major Knight of the Old Republic Reference. ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on February 19, 2017. Retrieved on February 18, 2017.
- ↑ Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"