- "The Mandible was an accident. A drunk captain ferrying volatile cargo."
- ―Everi Chalis, to Hazram Namir
The Mandible was an Imperial starship that was involved in an accident by 3 ABY, when the vessel's captain ferried vaporous cargo aboard the ship while drunk. As a result, an emissary to the Imperial Ruling Council, Everi Chalis, punished the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections and cited these punishments later on when pressuring the crew of a heavy freighter into changing course.
- "Imperial freighter, this is Governor Everi Chalis. If you do not adjust course within fifteen seconds, I will deal with you as I dealt with the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections. That will be my gift to your superior, Commodore Krovis, before I have him tried for gross incompetence."
- ―Everi Chalis, to the crew of an Imperial freighter
The Mandible was a starship used by the Galactic Empire. By 3 ABY, it was involved in an accident when it was carrying volatile cargo while under the command of a drunk captain, leading to the deaths of numerous crew members. Everi Chalis, an emissary to the Imperial Ruling Council, subsequently punished the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections, having those responsible for the accident executed. Rather than admitting this act of incompetence on the part of one of its officers, the Empire instead credited Chalis for her ruthless punishing of the crew.
In 3 ABY, Chalis, who had since defected to the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry and while still pretending to be a member of the Empire, cited her punishments on the crew of the Mandible as a threat to the crew of an Imperial heavy freighter in the Redhurne system. This was done in order to make the freighter change its course, intending for the starship to fall into a trap set by the 61st. Chalis then briefly told the story of the Mandible to Hazram Namir, a First Sergeant in the rebel company, shortly thereafter.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set 22 years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. With the incident involving the Mandible being mentioned during the main events, it must have occurred by that year.