Manka cats were a non-sentient feline species native to the planets Tython and Alderaan. Fur-covered quadrupeds, manka cats were considered dangerous by most sentients who encountered them, and were often hunted for safety reasons as well as for food gathering. While hunted primarily for their meat, manka talons and teeth were also prized for their medicinal use to cure illnesses. Carnivores with gnashing teeth and strong forelegs with sharp claws, the manka hunted in packs and alone, capable of bringing down nerfs and other large animals.
Capable of domestication, manka cats were kept by the Flesh Raiders of Tython in their camps, gnawing on bones of past prey and aiding in the defense of their camps from local Jedi exploring the region during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire.
Manka cats saw some exportation during the history of the Galactic Republic to other worlds, including Kashyyyk and a jungle planet in the Outer Rim Territories. Therefore, when the hyperlanes to Tython collapsed and Alderaan was destroyed in 0 BBY, manka cats were still widespread in the galaxy and knowledge and familiarity with them was quite commonplace.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Saboteur (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (First mentioned)
- A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale webstrip (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Trapped (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)