The Mankvim-814 interceptor, also known as the Techno Union Fighter, was an interceptor manufactured by the Techno Union during the era of the Clone Wars. The Grand Hall of the Traders' Guild in Pau City on the planet Utapau was converted by the guild into a factory to construct Mankvim-814s prior to the Battle of Utapau.
The Mankvim-418 interceptor was designed by the Techno Union, prior to the Battle of Utapau to act as a small versatile fighter craft. It was designed with the protection of Techno Union and Confederacy of Independent Systems footholds in mind. Because of this need, and its ability to be constructed from whatever materials happened to be present on a world, the Mankvim was extremely lightweight. The fighter was constructed with a thin frame that made it very vulnerable, but fast. The Mankvim did not have a hyperdrive, and relied on a small ion drive built inside its frame along with maneuvering fans to get around. While the Mankvim was not very heavily armed, it made up for this in speed.
The Mankvim-418 interceptor was designed by the Techno Union some time prior to the Battle of Utapau. It was used by the CIS but was developed by the Techno Union. The Grand Hall on Utapau was converted into a manufacturing plant for Mankvim-418 interceptors.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "This is the Techno Union Fighter. The first time we see this is in Revenge of the Sith. It has a very Flash Gordon-esque feel to it and George was very inspired by Flash Gordon and I think Star Wars itself is sort of inspired by Flash Gordon and George's love for it. And that can be seen in ships like the Techno Union Fighter"
- ―Amy Beth Christenson
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (2016) (First identified as Mankvim-814 interceptor)
- (First identified as Techno Union Fighter)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles (2018)